Working Women Hostels
Q: Where can I find Working Women Hostels?
Working Women hostels can be found in Lahore (Model Town, Gulshan e Ravi, Township and Lawrance Road), Gujranwala, Sahiwal, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Bahawalpur, Multan, Rawalpindi (Shamsabad, Khana Road), Muzzafargarh, Dera Ghazi Khan, Vehari, Rahim Yar Khan.
Q: Whom should I contact to if I want to reside in Working Women Hostel?
Contact relevant Manager by getting their contact Number from this website or contact to Assistant Director (Admin) in Directorate of Women Development. You can also visit Directorate of Women Development for information.
Q: Who can stay in Working Women Hostels?
The women who intend to get residency in Working Women Hostel must be a Working lady working in Government or Private sector. Working Women having domicile of same district are not entertained. Married Working ladies must not have any child along with them.
Punjab Day Care Fund Society
Q: Whom should I contact to if I am interested in opening of a day Care Centre?
The Manager, PCDF may be contacted in this regard.
Q: Where can I find Day Care Centres?
You can find the list of operationalized DCC at our website.
Q: How can i get my child admitted in day care?
The head of the concerned organization may be contacted for admission.
Q: What is age limit of a child for day care?
A child beaning an age not more than 5 years is admissible in DCC.
Q: What is timings of Day Care Centres?
Usually it functions from 08:00Am to 04:400 pm.
Functions and Services
Q: What are functions of Women Development Department?
Our functions under the Punjab Government Rules of Business, 2011
- Legislation, policy formulation and sectoral planning for women development.
- Transformation of the Government into an organization that actively practices and promotes gender equality and women empowerment.
- Implementation of administrative and institutional reforms and departmental restructuring for promoting gender equality.
- Mainstreaming gender equality perspective across public policies, laws, programs, and projects by departments and agencies of the Government with a focus on women empowerment.
- Promotion, co-ordination and monitoring of execution of national and provincial policies and commitments on gender reforms and women development.
- Provision of technical support and expertise for gender mainstreaming in all departments of the Government and its agencies.
- Expansion of investment in women’s socio-political and economic development to achieve the goal of gender equity.
- Collection of quantitative and qualitative data and conducting of research on the status of women in the Punjab to highlight issues at appropriate fora.
- Building of partnership with line departments, non-governmental and civil society organizations to deliver on the rights and entitlement of women.
- Pursuance of means and measures to increase participation of women in political process and encouragement of effective representation of women in political and administrative spheres.
- Collaboration with legal, judicial, law enforcement and other relevant governmental and non-government agencies to facilitate women’s access to formal legal and justice system.
Q: What are services provided by Women Development Department?
Women Development department is providing following services:
- Creating awareness at grass root level regarding initiatives taken by government for women Empowerment.
- Providing vocational trainings to poor girls so that they can earn money sitting at home.
- Providing IT Training to girls through PITB.
- Financially support low incomed working women through its ADP Scheme Punjab Working Women Endowment Fund (PWWEF) Society.
- Providing safe and secure residency to Working Women of Govt and private sector in Working Women Hostels established in 12 Districts.
- Facilitating Working Women having Children by providing Day Care Services throughout Punjab.
- Conducting Fatima Jinnah Awards every year.
Fatima Jinnah Award
Q: When should I apply for Fatima Jinnah Awards?
The call for nominees is advertised in the newspaper, and then the eligible candidates can apply.
Q: How should I apply for Fatima Jinnah Awards?
Online nominations forms are available on the website of Women Development Department, which is to be filled by the applicant.
Q: Who is eligible for Fatima Jinnah Award?
Fatima Jinnah Excellence Award
Award acknowledges the women aged (30 & above) years who have made a significant impact to the nation throughout their life with their professional or remarkable achievements related to the field of Medical Science, Natural Science, Arts, Literature, Sport, Business etc.
Fatima Jinnah Women of the year Award
For an ambitious and inspiring woman who have impressive contribution for the cause of women right / empowerment in any field during 2017.
Fatima Jinnah Youth Award
For an ambitious and inspiring women aged (15-29) years with a profound portfolio for shinning future in the field of Medical Science, Natural Science, Arts, literature, Business etc.
Government employees should apply through proper channel.
Q: What are the categories of Fatima Jinnah Award?
Categories are as follows:-
- Fatima Jinnah Excellence Award
- Fatima Jinnah Women of the Year Award
- Fatima Jinnah Youth Award