Women Protection laws
a. Comprehensive legislation to provide assistance to the female victims of violence covering all kinds of gender based violence including domestic violence.
b. Harassment at Workplace Act:
- Appointment of Ombudsperson under Protection against harassment of Women at the Workplace.
- Code of Conduct for protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace to be implemented in all public offices.
- A provincial committee to be notified to oversee implementation of the Act.
c. Offence of Acid throwing:
- Amendment in Poisons Act to discourage acid throwing incidents on Women.
- Acid throwing shall be dealt with under the Anti-Terrorism laws.
d. A Provincial Board for Acid Burns Survivors and a fund shall be established to recommend specialized medical and psychological care and its monitoring.
e. Home; based Workers:
Government of the Punjab has formulated a policy for the Home Based Workers covering the strategies, plans and programs for the protection and promotion of rights and benefits of Home Bases Workers.
f. Women Crises & Rehabilitation help desks at district level providing legal psychological and basic health.
g. A24/7 toll free help line shall be established.
2. Amendment in Inheritance Laws.
- In Rural Areas.
- Penal action against delinquent revenue officer.
- Urban Immovable Property.
- Stamp Duty.
3. The Punjab Government is giving proprietary rights under following schemes:
- Jinnah Abadi Scheme in rural areas of Punjab (approx. 90,000 households).
- Residents of Katchi Abadis (approx.110,000 households).
- Regularization of residential occupants of state land in village abadis (approx. 700,000 households).In all the above mentioned schemes, Joint tile is being given to husband and wife (50% share each).
4. Right to Equal Remuneration /Wages to men and women for work of equal value.
5. Quota for women in all public service employment including posts recruited through PPSC shall be enhanced to 15%.
6. Women to fill 25% of general seats as Members of the Punjab Public Service Commission.
7. All Boards of Statutory organizations, public sector companies as well as special purpose task force and committees shall have3 33% women representation.
8. At least one woman in all selection and recruitment committees for regular and contractual employment.
9. Government shall take an affirmative action to radically increase women representation in all administrative leadership positions (including departmental heads and key field offices).
10. 33% of consultants in Provincial Ombudsman office.
11. Daycare Centers:
- Establishment of Punjab Day Care Fund to support working women to make workplace women-friendly on a co-finance basis.
- Day Care Centers in all public sector offices (universities, colleges, hospitals and other organizations with five or more than five female employees) to be formed.
- Amendment in appropriate laws to make it mandatory for all commercial/industrial establishments to have a Day Care in their premises.
12. Women Entrepreneurs Interest free loans for women.
13. Career Development Centers in all Public Sector Women Universities and Counseling facility in post-graduate colleges.
14. All women contractual employees to avail and additional chance of transfer place of residence of spouse in case of marriage.
15. House rent of only one spouse to be deducted if government accommodation is allotted and both are government servants.
16. Maternity leave.
17. Age relaxation up to 3 years shall be allowed to females for fresh induction over and above normal upper age ceiling including existing general relaxation, for the purpose of encouraging employment in the public sector and to enable women to join professional career after marriage & childbearing.
18. Women friendly Public Amenities.
- Amenities for Women in all public offices; separate washroom and prayer room designed in existing buildings.
- All new buildings should incorporate proper facilities (Washroom and prayer room).
19. Media Campaign for intimation to woman on legal issues and rights.
Higher Education Department
20. Hostel facility in at least one District Degree College for Women at the District Headquarter (to be provided in the uncovered districts).
21. Women Degree College in the uncovered tehsils
22. Transport for Women Colleges.
- All women colleges (intermediate, Degree and Post-graduate) without adequate transport shall be provided buses.
23. School Education Department
- All the girls’ schools shall be provided with toilet and boundary wall on top priority basis.
24. At least 70% jobs will be earmarked for women in primary education.
25. Government of the Punjab shall continue in its next fiscal year allocation for up graduation of girls’ elementary/middle schools to secondary/high school level.
26. Substantial allocation shall be made for welfare of mother and child health.
27. Punjab Government to announce a comprehensive Nutrition Program for Mother and Child that shall ensure availability of medicines and supplements to pregnant and lactating women at BHU level. Calcium tablets for older women.
28. Salary package of nurses to be increased.
Skill Development of Women
29. All Government Skills Development Programs shall include a substantial number of women trainees.
30. A Gender Mainstreaming Standing Committee shall be established in the Provincial Assembly.
Implementation and Administration
31. Women Development Department led by a female Minister/advisor will be set up with immediate effect.
32. High level Gender Review Board for implementation of this Women Empowerment Package shall be set up.
33. Gender Mainstreaming committees to be formed in all Departments.